At Vestone Capital, we recognise the importance for our business to take environmental action, reducing the impact that we have and to contributing towards sustainable development. We are committed to working towards a greener and sustainable future.
We are proud to be partnering with Greenfleet, a leading not-for-profit environmental organisation, to support native ecosystem restoration and environmental outcomes through native reforestation projects. Established over 25 years ago, Greenfleet is Australia’s first carbon offset provider dedicated towards planting native biodiverse forests to capture carbon emissions and help fight the impacts of climate change. Since 1997, Greenfleet has planted over 10 million trees across 500 forests in Australia and New Zealand. As they grow, these forests absorb carbon, improve soil and water quality, and restore habitat for native wildlife, including many endangered species. Through practical climate action, Greenfleet is growing hope for our climate and we are proud to be a part of this.
Ngulambarra is a 340-hectare property located north of Wedderburn in Central Victoria, that was previously cleared for farming. Greenfleet has been working with the traditional custodians of the land, the Dja Dja Wurrung people since 2020, planting native seedlings and native seeds. The forest will be protected for the next 100 years, ensuring it can reach it’s full potential and provide benefits to generations to come.
Map of the Ngulambarra Forest (left), and Greenfleet’s drone footage of the Ngulambarra project to date (right).
The trees Greenfleet plants at the Ngulambarra project will contribute directly to achieving the United Nations SDGs:
- Creating legally protected biodiverse, native forests
- Creating climate resilient ecosystems, to help safeguard woodlands from the impacts of climate change
- Reconnecting habitat for vulnerable and endangered species
- Improving site hydrology, soil erosion and salinity issues
- Supporting traditional land owners in the active management of natural resources on site, ensuring connection to country and the development of sustainable economic outcomes for their community.